And just like that, the dust settled.
We wait and train all year, and after one weekend and a few 8-second rides, it’s all over. Well, maybe not quite that fast.
From the singing of our national anthem to the closing ceremonies, the Pendleton Round-Up pays homage to the original American sport: rodeo. And Pendleton Whisky pays homage to the Pendleton Round-Up.
A special thank you to all the cowboys and cowgirls who gave it their all this year at the 106th Round-Up.
Shane Erickson of Terrebonne took home the title of All Around Champion but it wasn’t without a fight. We saw several fierce challengers who were champions in their own divisions.
- Barrel Racing: Stevi Hillman of Weatherford, Texas
- Steer Roping: Ryan Rochlitz of Minatare, Nebraska
- Bull Riding: Sage Kimzey of Strong City, Oklahoma
- Team Roping: Ryan Reed of Wittman, Arizona and Dalton Pearce of San Luis Obispo, California
- Steer Wrestling: Nic Guy of Sparta, Wisconsin
- Saddle Bronc Riding: Jesse Wright of Milford, Utah
- Calf Roping: Chase Williams of Stephenville, Texas
- Bareback Riding: Tim O’Connell of Zwingle Iowa
Cheers to all the boys and girls that never grew out of wanting to play in the dirt.
Stay wild and until next year – Let ’er Buck!