After months of Midnight mixology competition, we are excited to share that our Grand Prize winner has been selected! Joe Frade of Portland, Oregon took home the honors for his Pendleton Midnight in the Neighbor-Hood cocktail, a drink that combines both local flavors and immense creativity.
Mixologist and “Cocktail Guru”, Jonathan Pogash, served as the official judge and named Joe the Grand Prize winner, applauding the cocktails flavor – especially the orange oil and bitters – that were well-balanced and allowed Pendleton Midnight to shine through.
You can join Joe in his Midnight Cocktail glory by trying out the recipe yourself! The full list of ingredients and mixing directions are below.
How to Make Your Own Pendleton Midnight in the Neighbor-Hood
- 1.5 oz. Pendleton Midnight
- 1 oz. Imbue Pedal and Thorn Aperitif Wine
- 0.5 oz. Clear Creek Kirschwasser Cherry Brandy
- 0.25 oz. pFriem IPA syrup (1:1 ratio)
- 2 dashes of Peychaud’s bitters
- Create the pFriem IPA syrup by mixing a 1:1 ratio of sugar and IPA beer (example: .5 oz. sugar and .5 oz. beer) over high heat and stir until all of the sugar has been dissolved. Let it cool and refrigerate any extra syrup.
- To build the drink, mix ingredients, add ice, stir for 15 seconds.
- Express orange oil and garnish with orange peel on the rim.